Read more to make the most of your kayaking experience in the Algarve around Faro exploring Ria Formosa.
Kayaking is probably one of the most exciting ways to explore the numerous canals, marshes and islands of the beautiful Ria Formosa in the Algarve.
A kayak tour allows you to enjoy the unique natural landscape that only this protected area in the Algarve can provide you.
You don’t need to be an athlete or even have any prior experience. All you need is a positive attitude and love for nature.
Here are some recommendations about the necessary equipment and accessories to make the most of your kayaking experience in the Algarve around Faro exploring Ria Formosa:
- On a sunny day, opt for a short-sleeve sweater, hat and sunscreen to protect you from sun exposure,
- On colder days, opt for a long sleeve sweater, preferably with a hood to keep your inner clothes dry,
- Lightweight shoes avoid friction with the bottom of the kayak. We also recommend the use of water shoes or similar with slip-resistant properties that can get wet,
- If you want to protect your hands against blisters, you can additionally use gloves without fingertips (like weight lifting gloves),
- Do not forget to bring plenty of water to drink to avoid dehydration,
- A rucksack or backpack is a good idea. So you can carry a small snack, sunglasses, a hat, good sun cream and a camera.
- And also a change of clothing. It can make a difference at the end of your kayak tour.
At Lands, we provide you with the essential accessory to practice this activity: a lifejacket that ensures your safety while kayaking!
Browse the kayak tours we have available every day with departures from Faro.