Location: Marina of Faro
Duration: 2H 30M
Min. capacity: 2
Unfortunately, there is no seats available at this specific time. Please pick up another date or time.
Discover the birds and nature of the Algarve's Ria Formosa in an Eco-friendly Solar Boat Tour, a unique experience aboard a solar-powered boat from Faro.
This is a 2.5-hour boat tour aboard a solar boat that provides a smooth and quiet ride throughout the route, contributing to the preservation of the natural heritage of Ria Formosa.
With departures from Faro and in the company of an experienced nature guide quite knowledgeable of the area, you will get to know the fauna and flora of this protected area in the Algarve.
Visit the lagoon and marshes of Ria Formosa, watch numerous birds and all the nature and wildlife of this lagoon, without disturbing it.
Ria Formosa is a paradise for nature lovers and your nature guide will introduce you to this enormous diversity to make the most of this experience.
Explore canals and marshes to watch birds such as the white stork, little egret, and spoonbill. In the direction of the islands of the Nature Park, you will be able to learn more about the economic activities of shellfish farming where it is possible to find countless birds.
While your guide explains the importance of this activity for the local population, we head to a paradisiacal place where the lagoon meets the sea.
On the way back to Faro, enjoy the silence and the sounds of the surrounding nature in a smooth and silent boat. This is a unique experience and an environmentally friendly alternative.
• 2.5-hour boat tour
• Use of binoculars
• Life vests
• Local guide
• Live commentary on board
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Transportation to/from attractions
• Food and drinks
• Tips (optional)
• All other extras
• A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required.
• A maximum of 8 people per booking.
• Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
• Not wheelchair accessible.
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
• Safety comes first, please follow the instructions and recommendations of your skipper, especially those relating to safety issues.
• Trips may be amended due to weather conditions or the physical condition of the participants should our skippers deem this advisable.
• This is an activity subject to weather conditions. The decision to leave or return earlier than expected, due to unexpected weather conditions, is sole to the skipper.
• The schedules of departures and arrivals, the duration, and itineraries of the activities are subject to change without previous notice due to security determined by the weather conditions, tides, and/or other circumstances beyond our control.
- Bookings of activities and/ or services may be done in a proper form on the website, by email, by phone, through authorized agents and/ or Lands - Turismo na Natureza, Lda Points of Sale.
- For groups of 20 or more participants, bookings should be done as soon as possible and at least 24 hours before the date of the activity and/ or service.
- All bookings are subject to availability.
CANCELLATIONS AND NO-SHOWS
- Lands - Turismo na Natureza, Lda reserves the right to cancel the activity and/ or services by reasons which fall outside the responsibility of the company. We cannot be held responsible for cancellations due to the following reasons: natural disasters, climate conditions, system failures, or any other circumstances beyond the company's control and also whenever the safety and integrity of participants, equipment, and/ or goods are at risk. The client will be fully refunded, without any compensation or indemnity.
- The cancellation of activity and/ or services by the participant may be done through a proper form on the website, by email, or by phone up until 24 hours before the start of the activity and/ or services.
- For groups of 10 or more participants, the cancellation of activity and/ or services may be done through a proper form on the website, by email, or by phone up until 48 hours before the start of the activity and/ or services.
- If the cancellation does not comply with the requirements above, the activity and/ or service will be charged at the full rate.
- Once the activity and/or service has started, with the agreement of the participants and the safety and integrity of participants, equipment and/ or goods is not at risk, in the event of a request from the participant(s) to stop or interrupt it due to wind, temperature, rainfall, waves or other factors beyond the company's control, no refund, indemnity or compensation will apply and the activity and/ or service will proceed its usual course.
- In the case of equipment rental, cancellations should be done up until 24 hours before its start, otherwise, it will be charged at the full rate. In case of deliberate cancellation by the client, Lands will charge the period of use of the equipment or its minimum rental period.
- The rental and hire of equipment and/ or goods are subject to its terms and conditions.
- In the event of no show, the full amount charged is non-refundable.
USE OF BOATS AND/ OR EQUIPMENT
- Lands reserves the right to change the boats and/or equipment to carry out the activity and/ or service, due to system failures or adverse weather conditions. In that case, another boat and/ or equipment will be used and we will charge the rate and/or prices previously agreed.
MEETING POINT AND DEPARTURE TIME
- The meeting point and the departure time are indicated on the voucher or the booking confirmation document.
- Delay of the participants may imply exclusion from the activity. To prevent the latter from happening please be so kind to be at the designated meeting point on time. There is a maximum tolerance of 10 minutes.
- Departure time is subject to changes due to weather conditions, system failures, or any other circumstances beyond the company's control.
- Whenever a stop or free time is planned during the activity, the crew, skipper, and/ or tour guide will inform you of the following location and time of departure. Please be at the location 5 minutes before the announced time of departure.
- Lands reserves the right to suspend a participant from an activity if the times of departure are not respected. In this case, no refund or compensation is available.
- Lands reserves the right to suspend a participant from the activity and/ or service if the participant has no physical condition to carry it out or if the participant does not respect the safety recommendations and instructions.
ITINERARIES AND INFORMATION IN WEBSITE, CATALOGS, LEAFLETS, BROCHURES, AND OTHER MATERIAL
- The itineraries and the exact timings at the several points of the activity and/ or service are only indicative. They are subject to change due to weather conditions and/ or the physical conditions of the participants and can be amended if the person representing Lands deems this advisable.
- The schedules of departures and arrivals, durations, and itineraries of the activities and/ or services are subject to change without prior notice due to safety and security determined by weather conditions, winds, tides, and/or any other circumstances beyond the control of Lands - Turismo na Natureza, Lda.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Lands - Turismo na Natureza, Lda. promotes ecotourism activities and nature tours of natural, cultural, and environmental interest. We expect our guests and participants to respect the visited natural areas and the local lifestyles. We respect and follow the guidelines of the ICNF's code of conduct and we reserve the right to suspend or cancel an activity if we find the participants' behavior conflicts with this philosophy and code of conduct.
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
- During our activities and/ or services, we can take photos and videos to promote our company. If you do not want this information to be used, please be so kind as to previously inform our staff.
- Lands - Turismo na Natureza, Lda. has available a complaints book and reports directly to ASAE.
LICENCES AND INSURANCES
- Lands - Turismo na Natureza is a fully licensed company with the registration No. 35/2003 of the Tourism Board of Portugal.
- Our activities are certified as Ecotourism by the ICNF - the Portuguese Institute for Conservation of Nature and Forests.
- We have all the mandatory insurance legislation.
OMISSION AND OTHER QUESTIONS
- Omissions and other questions not covered by these terms and conditions will be discussed with Lands - Turismo na Natureza, Lda and are subject to the applicable Portuguese law.