Hire a kayak to explore Ria Formosa. We have available a kayak rental service with departures from Faro to paddle through the Algarve’s famed blue waters in your very own kayak.
Enjoy the unique sensation of kayaking during your holiday in the Algarve.
Gather your family and friends and spend a good time out kayaking along the channels of the Ria Formosa towards the islands and beaches of this amazing Nature Park, elected one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal.
Our Rotomod sit-on-top kayaks are stable, safe, comfortable, and easy to use, making them the perfect way for you to explore the waters of the Algarve. Choose from a full-day, half-day, or 2.5-hour rental period. You don’t need any experience to get the most out of your very own kayaking adventure.
With single and double kayaks available for hire, this is a safe, comfortable, and exciting way to have an adventure in the Ria Formosa Nature Park.
To make your adventure more comfortable, we have also kayaking accessories available for hire:
To make your kayak trip, even more comfortable.
• Additional cost of 5,00 € / backrest
So you can bring everything you need and keep it dry.
• Additional cost of 7,50 € / waterproof barrel
• Full-day, half-day, or 2.5-hour kayak hire (depending on option selected)
• Life vests
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Transportation to/from attractions
• Food and drinks
• Tips (optional)
• All other extras
• Not suitable for non-swimmers.
• Not wheelchair accessible.
• Not suitable for children under 5 years of age.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Safety comes first, always wear your safety vest while you’re kayaking.
• To make the most of your experience, before the start of your kayak rental ask our team for a map and information about the weather forecast, the itineraries, and recommended routes according to the weather conditions, navigation, tides, winds, and currents.
• Rentals are subject to its own terms conditions.
• The customer must present identification (e.g. passport or driving license) and leave it on the office as a safety rental warranty. You will need to leave an ID with us for each kayak that is rented.
• The pick-up and delivery of the rented equipment should be performed in the same location.
• All equipment available for hire is subject to regular maintenance and cleaning.
• Technique assistance (or other) to problems that may come forth during the period of rental is not included in the amount paid.
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
• Safety comes first, please follow the instructions and recommendations of your instructor, especially those relating to safety issues.
• Trips may be amended due to weather conditions or the physical condition of the participants should our skippers deem this advisable.
• The schedules of departures and arrivals, the duration and itineraries of the activities are subject to change without previous notice due to security determined by the weather conditions, tides, and/or other circumstances beyond our control.
Modalidad de alquiler de kayak sin guia durante 4 horas, nos decidimos por esto porque ya habiamos ido en kayak préviamente, si es la primera vez mejor ir guiado para aclararse, ya que con las corrientes y el viento puede ser un poco duro. Disfrutamos muchissimo del paisaje, y nos habian indicado el camino bastante bien. Recomiendo informarse de las mareas antes de programar la actividad, para aprovechar marea subiendo en la ida y bajando en la vuelta, asi es mas facil y se ven paisajes diferentes.
The wetlands around Faro are full of wildlife, including an amazing variety of birds, and can best be viewed by getting up close in a small boat. I have some kayaking experience but I took a novice with me and he picked it up easily enough. If you want to make it all the way through the wetlands to Praia de Faro, where you can land and take a short boardwalk across to the Atlantic Ocean beach, then you will need to book a 4 hr session for €35 as it took us just over two hours to get there (coming home was slightly quicker as we had the wind and tide with us). If you want to sunbathe or picnic on the beach, or take your time and explore the creeks, then you would need to book the full day. The price is per kayak, not per person and they have both single and double kayaks available. The booking desk is on the front of the harbour and the boats are collected from the slipway at the far side of the harbour, along with paddles, life jackets and a map! It is best to book if you want to go out first thing as we were told that they opened at 9am but it took until 10am for the man with the boats to get us out on the water. However, I must commend the centre as I had gone the day before and been advised that it was too windy and choppy and that we would enjoy it much more and get farther into the wetlands if we waited for the next morning. It was excellent advise (much better to go out against the tide so that you know you can get back easily) and we had a wonderful trip. Much more exciting than the ferry boat!
The nature lands are beautiful and can really be enjoyed in private with kayak hire! We thoroughly enjoyed our day in the beautiful weather and surroundings. The staff where exceedingly friendly and helpful which helped make the day even more enjoyable! Would 100% recommend!
During our holiday we wanted to get on a kayaking-tour. Instead of kayaking near the coastline we decided to take a tour through natural park ria formosa. So we rented two kayaks ... * The staff was very friendly and gave as a tour trip according to our low kayaking experience * Also we got a map of the area and a time table for high and low tide with a recommendation to take advantage of it After a instruction to kayaking we kayaked to a near sandy strip and after a short break to the eastward side of praia de faro and walked over the sandy dune to the atlantic shore. The way back the tide was in our favor, as the staff had explained.
We rented a kayak for 4 hours (35 euro) and paddeled from Faro to the beach of Faro. This was a nice 1,5 hour trip (in favor of the tide). A map of the area with potential routs was provides and a ton and seats for the boat where included. For the way back we did paddel to the farry of Faro beach and took it back to Faro. The start did include a security and orientation advice and also livebelts where provided.