Location: Marina of Faro
Min. capacity: 1
Unfortunately, there is no seats available at this specific time. Please pick up another date or time.
Algarve's Ria Formosa Guided Walking Tour from Faro
Let us take you on a lovely guided walk in Ria Formosa. Get your boots on for a wildlife walk at the westernmost part of Ria Formosa and discover one of the best birdwatching spots in the Algarve with a knowledgeable local guide.
Enjoy a 3-hour guided walk through the pine woodlands, marshes, and salt pans of Ria Formosa in the protected areas of Ludo and Quinta do Lago. This is a nature walk to discover the natural beauty and wildlife of this protected wetland area of the Algarve and learn about traditional salt extraction and clam farming with an enthusiastic local guide.
Experience the natural beauty of Ria Formosa on a guided walk of the salt pans, marshes, and pine woodlands of the protected habitat of many species of birds. Ria Formosa is one of Portugal’s Seven Natural Wonders, and you’ll soon discover why.
You’ll enjoy a guided walking tour of this sacred land, and discover the natural beauty and wildlife that is protected here. On this private tour, we explore the protected areas of Ludo and Quinta do Lago. These two areas are extraordinary places for birdwatching, in fact, some of the best birding spots in the Algarve.
As you walk past the marshlands, you’ll enjoy stunning views of the lagoon. If the tide is out you’ll be able to see local people working on their clam farms as your local guide tells you about this important economic activity.
Enjoy incredible views over the saltpans and learn about the traditional salt extraction methods used in the Algarve. The region is famous for the quality of its salt which is known here as white gold. Keep your eyes peeled for amazing birdlife like the colorful Greater Flamingo and many other birds which are common species in these parts. You’ll be walking in one of the best birdwatching spots in the Algarve.
As you reach the freshwater lagoon, there will be time for a rest break while you look for the Purple Swamphen, a beautiful bird that is the symbol of the Nature Park. We continue down the trail towards the lagoon and its beautiful views, a perfect end to a wonderful outing exploring the beauty of Ria Formosa!
Ludo and Quinta do Lago are well worth discovering. Join us on a guided walk on this beautiful site. We promise you a memorable outing with a local guide who enjoys a walk as much as you do.
• 3-hour private walking tour
• Local guide
• Live commentary by a knowledgeable local guide
• Transfer from meeting point to the starting point of the walk and return
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Food and drinks
• Tips (optional)
• All other extras
WALK FACT SHEET
• Difficulty level: very easy
• Type of Trail: round
• Extent of walk: 3.73 miles (6 km)
• Approx. duration: 3 hours
• A minimum of 1 adult per booking is required.
• A maximum of 4 people per booking.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Not wheelchair accessible.
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
• Safety comes first, please follow the instructions and recommendations of your guide, especially those relating to safety issues.
• The schedules of departures and arrivals, the duration, and itineraries of the activities are subject to change without previous notice due to security determined by the weather conditions, tides, and/or other circumstances beyond our control.
• Trips may be amended due to weather conditions or the physical condition of the participants should our guides deem this advisable.
• Explore nature’s great outdoors. Take only pictures, leave only footprints.
- Bookings of activities and/ or services may be done in a proper form on the website, by email, by phone, through authorized agents and/ or Lands - Turismo na Natureza, Lda Points of Sale.
- For groups of 20 or more participants, bookings should be done as soon as possible and at least 24 hours before the date of the activity and/ or service.
- All bookings are subject to availability.
CANCELLATIONS AND NO-SHOWS
- Lands - Turismo na Natureza, Lda reserves the right to cancel the activity and/ or services by reasons which fall outside the responsibility of the company. We cannot be held responsible for cancellations due to the following reasons: natural disasters, climate conditions, system failures, or any other circumstances beyond the company's control and also whenever the safety and integrity of participants, equipment, and/ or goods are at risk. The client will be fully refunded, without any compensation or indemnity.
- The cancellation of activity and/ or services by the participant may be done through a proper form on the website, by email, or by phone up until 24 hours before the start of the activity and/ or services.
- For groups of 10 or more participants, the cancellation of activity and/ or services may be done through a proper form on the website, by email, or by phone up until 48 hours before the start of the activity and/ or services.
- If the cancellation does not comply with the requirements above, the activity and/ or service will be charged at the full rate.
- Once the activity and/or service has started, with the agreement of the participants and the safety and integrity of participants, equipment and/ or goods is not at risk, in the event of a request from the participant(s) to stop or interrupt it due to wind, temperature, rainfall, waves or other factors beyond the company's control, no refund, indemnity or compensation will apply and the activity and/ or service will proceed its usual course.
- In the case of equipment rental, cancellations should be done up until 24 hours before its start, otherwise, it will be charged at the full rate. In case of deliberate cancellation by the client, Lands will charge the period of use of the equipment or its minimum rental period.
- The rental and hire of equipment and/ or goods are subject to its terms and conditions.
- In the event of no show, the full amount charged is non-refundable.
USE OF BOATS AND/ OR EQUIPMENT
- Lands reserves the right to change the boats and/or equipment to carry out the activity and/ or service, due to system failures or adverse weather conditions. In that case, another boat and/ or equipment will be used and we will charge the rate and/or prices previously agreed.
MEETING POINT AND DEPARTURE TIME
- The meeting point and the departure time are indicated on the voucher or the booking confirmation document.
- Delay of the participants may imply exclusion from the activity. To prevent the latter from happening please be so kind to be at the designated meeting point on time. There is a maximum tolerance of 10 minutes.
- Departure time is subject to changes due to weather conditions, system failures, or any other circumstances beyond the company's control.
- Whenever a stop or free time is planned during the activity, the crew, skipper, and/ or tour guide will inform you of the following location and time of departure. Please be at the location 5 minutes before the announced time of departure.
- Lands reserves the right to suspend a participant from an activity if the times of departure are not respected. In this case, no refund or compensation is available.
- Lands reserves the right to suspend a participant from the activity and/ or service if the participant has no physical condition to carry it out or if the participant does not respect the safety recommendations and instructions.
ITINERARIES AND INFORMATION IN WEBSITE, CATALOGS, LEAFLETS, BROCHURES, AND OTHER MATERIAL
- The itineraries and the exact timings at the several points of the activity and/ or service are only indicative. They are subject to change due to weather conditions and/ or the physical conditions of the participants and can be amended if the person representing Lands deems this advisable.
- The schedules of departures and arrivals, durations, and itineraries of the activities and/ or services are subject to change without prior notice due to safety and security determined by weather conditions, winds, tides, and/or any other circumstances beyond the control of Lands - Turismo na Natureza, Lda.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Lands - Turismo na Natureza, Lda. promotes ecotourism activities and nature tours of natural, cultural, and environmental interest. We expect our guests and participants to respect the visited natural areas and the local lifestyles. We respect and follow the guidelines of the ICNF's code of conduct and we reserve the right to suspend or cancel an activity if we find the participants' behavior conflicts with this philosophy and code of conduct.
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
- During our activities and/ or services, we can take photos and videos to promote our company. If you do not want this information to be used, please be so kind as to previously inform our staff.
- Lands - Turismo na Natureza, Lda. has available a complaints book and reports directly to ASAE.
LICENCES AND INSURANCES
- Lands - Turismo na Natureza is a fully licensed company with the registration No. 35/2003 of the Tourism Board of Portugal.
- Our activities are certified as Ecotourism by the ICNF - the Portuguese Institute for Conservation of Nature and Forests.
- We have all the mandatory insurance legislation.
OMISSION AND OTHER QUESTIONS
- Omissions and other questions not covered by these terms and conditions will be discussed with Lands - Turismo na Natureza, Lda and are subject to the applicable Portuguese law.