Enjoy the surrounding nature of the beautiful Ria Formosa on an eco-friendly boat trip.
This is a 45 minute solar boat trip with departures from Faro to experience this protected lagoon using only solar energy for all the family to enjoy your holiday in the Algarve.
Join us on a solar-powered electric boat and discover the lagoon of Ria Formosa on the most relaxing way to discover this protected area.
Immerse yourself in the beautiful surroundings of Ria Formosa’s lagoon on a solar boat that does not spill oils or produces pollutant gases. Enjoy the sounds of the surrounding nature in greater safety, comfort and ease of use.
During this sustainable boat trip you will visit the lagoon of Ria Formosa and its marshlands and approach numerous birds and all the wildlife of this protected area without disturbing it.
Join us on the most eco-friendly and relaxing way to discover the Algarve’s Ria Formosa on a small-group boat trip limited to 10 people.
• 45 minutes boat trip
• Life vests
• Local guide
• Live commentary on board
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Transportation to/from attractions
• Food and drinks
• Tips (optional)
• All other extras
• A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required.
• A maximum of 10 people per booking.
• Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
• Not wheelchair accessible.
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
• Safety comes first, please follow the instructions and recommendations of your skipper, especially those relating to safety issues.
• Trips may be amended due to weather conditions or the physical condition of the participants should our skippers deem this advisable.
• This is an activity subject to weather conditions. The decision to leave or return earlier than expected, due to unexpected weather conditions, is solely to the skipper.
• The schedules of departures and arrivals, the duration and itineraries of the activities are subject to change without previous notice due to security determined by the weather conditions, tides and/or other circumstances beyond our control.
Booked this boat trip last minute and was pleasantly surprised. Cost 15 euros each for approx an hour. The skipper was friendly and very informative of the local area and wildlife. The solar boat is tranquil and would love to visit again around sunset. Would highly recommend and thank you to the young lady at the ticket office - very informative and not pushy - amazing.
We booked the solar boat trip as we wanted to minimise our impact on the nature of the area. Booking was easy from the booth by the old town and for €15 each for an hour was well worth every cent. Our guide picked us up from the marina and was informative about the area and wildlife from the moment we stepped on the boat. It was a fantastic way to explore the area as the boat is silent and not very deep in the water so can get close to the banks. We saw a variety of birds and some fiddler crabs. We were lucky to have the boat to ourselves for the trip which made the price paid even more worthwhile. The boat is not very large and there are no facilities on board but the seats are very comfortable and there is a canopy which can be put up if the sun is too much. I would highly recommend this trip if you what an hour of tranquility whilst learning more about the area of the natural park and seeing some wildlife.
"Delightful trip with excellent guide" We went on this very pleasant trip during the afternoon last week. If we had timed it better, we should have arranged to go later in the day, when the bird life is more in abundance. However, it was a very pleasant, relaxing experience. Gliding silently, without fuel smells, ensured that we could see the lagoon without disturbing the wildlife. Our guide was excellent, with a sound local knowledge. Also, he managed to move swiftly and competently between the 3 different language groups on board, without anyone missing out!
"Bird photography in Algarve" We do wildlife photography and wanted pictures of avifauna in Algavre. Solar boat trip fulfilled all our wishes! Ecologic, silent, smooth movement and great guide was a solid base for great pictures. Worth to try for all nature enthusiasts! Especially by low tide there is lot of opportunities for great pictures.
"Amazing boat trip! Peaceful in silent boat, great for birdwatching" Me and my mum went on a late November afternoon with Lauro our tour guide and driver. It was a great trip. The solar power boat was silent so it made birdwatching and meandering through the channels of park so peaceful. Lauro was excellent, he supplied us with binoculars and pointed out all the different types of birds. The boat was comfortable and the waters very calm as it is a totally sheltered area. We saw thousands of birds, and he had a picture guide so we could pick them out too. The scenery was really unique and the views of Faro from the boat excellent. We paid €15 each. I really recommend this trip if you like boat trips, bird watching or just great scenery!