What to bring on your kayak tour in the Algarve
Kayaking is probably one of the most exciting ways to explore the numerous canals, marshes and islands of Ria Formosa.
A kayak tour allows you to enjoy the unique natural landscape that only this protected area in the Algarve can provide you with.
You don’t need to be an athlete or even have any prior experience, all you need is a positive attitude and love for nature.
Here are some recommendations about the necessary equipment and accessories to make the most of your kayaking experience in Ria Formosa:
- on a sunny day, opt for a short-sleeve sweater, hat and sunscreen to protect you from sun exposure,
- on colder days, opt for a long sleeve sweater, preferably with a hood, in order to keep your inner clothes dry,
- use lightweight shoes to avoid friction with the bottom of the kayak. We also recommend the use of water shoes or similar with slip-resistant properties that can get wet,
- if you want to protect your hands against blisters, you can additionally use gloves without fingertips (like weight lifting gloves for example),
- do not forget to bring plenty of water to drink to avoid dehydration,
- and also a change of clothing. This can make a difference at the end of your kayak tour.
At Lands, we provide you with the most important accessory for the practice of this activity: a lifejacket that ensures your safety while kayaking!
Have a look at the kayak tours we have available everyday with departures from Faro.
« Top 10 reasons to visit the Algarve on a birdwatching holiday
(+351) 914 539 511