Kayak Tour to the Islands of Ria Formosa
Spend a fun time out exploring and relaxing in paradise! Accompanied by a guide, you’ll get the most out of your kayaking adventure and discover an enormous abundance of wildlife and learn about the local economic activities and traditions of this protected area.
Join us kayaking in the Algarve and discover Ria Formosa paddling to its beautiful islands and beaches on this 4-hour kayak tour.
45,00 € / Adult
35,00 € / Child (6-10 years)
Minimum: 6 Adults
kayak tour with a tour guide
use of kayak, paddles and safety gear
Marina of Faro | Faro
Edifício Ginásio Clube Naval – Piso 0
Marina de Faro
8000-541 Faro Algarve – Portugal
get directions »
09: 00 a.m.
available everyday throughout the year
After a quick lesson on how to handle your kayak, on this 4-hour kayak tour in Ria Formosa you depart from Faro and explore the channels and marshes of this nature park, paddling to one of its islands and beaches.
Paddling through the peaceful channels of Ria Formosa, you’ll head out on a leisurely kayak tour and pass along beautiful and unique sceneries. Keep your eyes open for the amazing diversity of birdlife and witness the people working in the clam farms and oyster beds before heading towards a small islet with your friends!
You’ll stop off in an amazing spot – the very end of the Island of Faro that the locals named Barrinha. This is a very nice and quiet beach with vast stretches of white sand where you have stunning views of the lagoon and the Atlantic Ocean. After a refreshing swim in the beautiful clear waters or a snack, you continue back towards the lovely old town of Faro.
This will be a memorable kayaking experience in the Algarve well worth sharing with your family and friends.
All tours are accompanied by experienced instructors. The kayaks are double, sit-on-top models, and are safe, comfortable, and glide along easily. No previous paddling experience is required to enjoy this fantastic nature activity.
Join us on a kayak tour in Ria Formosa and experience the natural beauty of this stunning area in the Algarve.
Kayak tours are available every day throughout the year with several daily departures from Faro.
Good to know
- To fully enjoy your tour you may also bring a small snack.
- Bring plenty of water to drink to avoid dehydration.
- Bring casual clothes and comfortable shoes suitable for kayaking. We recommend the use of water shoes or similar with slip-resistant properties that can get wet.
- A rucksack or backpack is recommended to carry a small snack, sunglasses, hat and a good sun cream. Camera, bathing suit and beach towel are excellent ideas.
- A change of clothing can make a difference at the end of your kayak tour.
- Safety is first, please follow the instructions and recommendations of your guide, especially those relating to safety issues.
- Tours may be amended due to weather conditions or the physical condition of the participants should our guides deem this advisable.
- This is an activity subject to weather conditions. The decision to leave or return earlier than expected, due to unexpected weather conditions, is sole to the guide.
- The schedules of departures and arrivals, duration and itineraries of the activities are subject to change without prior notice due to security determined by weather conditions, winds, tides and/or any other circumstances beyond the control of Lands – Turismo na Natureza, Lda.
« Rent a Sailing Boat in Ria Formosa
Sailing Improvement Courses
(+351) 914 539 511