Kayak Tour in Ria Formosa
Explore the Ria Formosa Nature Park on a guided kayak tour.
Paddle your kayak along the channels and marshes of one of Portugal’s most important wetlands for aquatic birds and discover the vast variety of wildlife on this family friendly activity.
Join us on a fantastic family friendly activity
and experience the natural beauty of this stunning area in the Algarve
Head out on a leisurely paddle through the peaceful waters of Ria Formosa to take in the beauty of its unique habitats.
35,00 € / Adult
15,00 € / Child (6-10 years)
Minimum: 4 Adults
kayak tour with a tour guide
use of kayak, paddles and safety gear
Marina of Faro | Faro
Edifício Ginásio Clube Naval – Piso 0
Marina de Faro
8000-541 Faro Algarve – Portugal
get directions »
09: 00 a.m.
available every day throughout the year
After a quick lesson on how to handle your kayak, this 2-hour kayak tour in Ria Formosa with departures from Faro will take you on an adventure of exploration along the channels and marshes of this spectacular wetland area. This is an exciting activity for all the family to enjoy during your holiday in the Algarve.
Join us on a fantastic experience in Ria Formosa. With your guide, you’ll discover the enormous abundance of wildlife and learn about the history and local economic activities of one of the most important protected areas in the Algarve.
You’ll head out on a leisurely paddle through the peaceful waters of Ria Formosa and stop at one of its islets for a break and a chance to take in the beauty of the unique habitats.
After your rest stop, you’ll paddle back and enjoy stunning views of the old town of Faro along the way.
All tours are accompanied by experienced instructors. The kayaks are double, sit-on-top models, and are safe, comfortable, and glide along easily. No previous paddling experience is required to enjoy this fantastic nature activity.
Join us on a kayak tour in Ria Formosa and experience the natural beauty of this stunning area in the Algarve.
Kayak tours are available every day throughout the year with several daily departures from Faro.
Good to know
- To fully enjoy your tour you may also bring a small snack.
- Bring plenty of water to drink to avoid dehydration.
- Bring casual clothes and comfortable shoes suitable for kayaking. We recommend the use of water shoes or similar with slip-resistant properties that can get wet.
- A rucksack or backpack is recommended to carry a small snack, sunglasses, hat and a good sun cream. Camera, bathing suit and beach towel are excellent ideas.
- A change of clothing can make a difference at the end of your kayak tour.
- Safety is first, please follow the instructions and recommendations of your guide, especially those relating to safety issues.
- Tours may be amended due to weather conditions or the physical condition of the participants should our guides deem this advisable.
- This is an activity subject to weather conditions. The decision to leave or return earlier than expected, due to unexpected weather conditions, is sole to the guide.
- The schedules of departures and arrivals, duration and itineraries of the activities are subject to change without prior notice due to security determined by weather conditions, winds, tides and/or any other circumstances beyond the control of Lands – Turismo na Natureza, Lda.
« Rent a Kayak in Ria Formosa
Eco-friendly Solar Boat Tour in Ria Formosa
(+351) 914 539 511