We’d love your visit and you can find us @ Lands in Faro at the Marina of Faro.
If you’re looking for further information on any of the tours and activities we offer, or if you would like to book your place on one of our upcoming tours and activities and you rather do that directly with one of us you’re welcome at our offices in Faro.
We are a friendly team that is always here to help and you can get directions to us here »
Yes. Our tours and activities are available on a daily basis throughout the year with several daily departures.
We do, however, advise you to book in advance. When booking, please note that all tours and activities are subject to availability. All bookings require a confirmation.
Lands – Turismo na Natureza was founded in 2003.
We are an independent company based in Faro working in the sector of ecotourism in the Algarve and one of the first Portuguese local companies of tours and activities specialized in nature-based tourism in the South of Portugal.
With over 10 years of field experience in the region, we organize nature tourism activities and tours in the Algarve, particularly in its protected areas with a special focus in the Ria Formosa Nature Park.
Yes. To book your tour or your activity we require a deposit or full payment.
We advise you to book in advance. When booking, please note that all tours and activities are subject to availability. All bookings require a confirmation and also a deposit.
Full payment is due before the start of the tour or activity.
You only a valid document ID when you rent any of our equipment. We will ask you for a valid document ID for each equipment rented.
Depends on the tour or activity you have booked.
On the description of each tour and activity please read our recommendations on the section “Good to know”. You’ll find recommendations regarding comfort and safety to enjoy your experience further.
- Bookings are confirmed upon payment of the full amount of the activity and/ or service (in the case of groups/ operators at least 7 days prior to the date of the activity and/ or service) or through payment of a booking fee at the time of reservation. In the latter case, the remaining amount is paid by the client directly to Lands – Turismo na Natureza, before the start of the activity and/ or service.
- Bookings of tours, activities and/ or services may be done in a proper form on our website, by email, by phone, through authorized agents and/or at Lands – Turismo na Natureza, Lda Points of Sale.
- For groups of 20 or more participants, bookings should be done as soon as possible and at least 24 hours prior to the date of activity and/ or service.
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Lands – Turismo na Natureza, Lda reserves the right to cancel the activity and/ or services by reasons which fall outside the responsibility of the company. We cannot be held responsible for cancellations due to the following reasons: natural disasters, climate conditions, system failures or any other circumstances beyond the company’s control and also whenever the safety and integrity of participants, equipment and/ or goods are at risk. The client will be fully refunded, without any compensation or indemnity.
- The cancellation of an activity and/ or services by the participant may be done through a proper form on the website, by email or by phone up until 24 hours prior to the start of the activity and/ or services.
- For groups of 10 or more participants, the cancellation of an activity and/ or services may be done through a proper form on the website, by email or by phone up until 48 hours prior to the start of the activity and/ or services.
- If the cancellation does not comply with the requirements above, the activity and/ or service will be charged at the full rate.
- Once the activity and/or service has started, with the agreement of the participants and the safety and integrity of participants, equipment and/ or goods is not at risk, in the event of a request from the participant(s) to stop or interrupt it due to wind, temperature, rainfall, waves or other factors beyond the company’s control, no refund, indemnity or compensation will apply and the activity and/ or service will proceed its usual course.
- In the case of equipment rental, cancellations should be done up until 24 hours prior to its start, otherwise, it will be charged at the full rate. In the case of deliberate cancellation by the client, Lands – Turismo na Natureza will charge the period of use of the equipment or its minimum rental period.
- The rental and hire of equipment and/ or goods is subject to its own terms and conditions.
- In the event of no-show, the full amount charged is non-refundable.
- Lands – Turismo na Natureza, Lda. promotes ecotourism activities and nature tours of natural, cultural and environmental interest. We expect our guests and participants to respect the visited natural areas and the local lifestyles. We respect and follow the guidelines of the ICNF’s code of conduct and we reserve the right to suspend or cancel an activity if we find the participants’ behavior is in conflict with this philosophy and code of conduct.
- Lands – Turismo na Natureza, Lda. has available a complaint book and reports directly to ASAE.
- The itineraries and the exact timings at the several points of the activity and/ or service are only indicative. They are subject to change due to weather conditions and/ or the physical conditions of the participants and can be amended if the person representing Lands – Turismo na Natureza deem this advisable.
- The schedules of departures and arrivals, durations and itineraries of the activities and/ or services are subject to change without prior notice due to safety and security determined by weather conditions, winds, tides and/or any other circumstances beyond the control of Lands – Turismo na Natureza, Lda.
- Lands – Turismo na Natureza, Lda is a fully licensed company with the registration No. 35/2003 of the Tourism Board of Portugal.
- Our activities are certified as Nature-based tourism by the ICNF – the Portuguese Institute for Conservation of Nature and Forests.
- We have all the mandatory insurance legislation.
- The meeting point and the departure time are indicated on the voucher or on the booking confirmation document.
- Delay of the participants may imply an exclusion from the activity. To prevent the latter from happening please be so kind to be at the designated meeting point on time. There is a maximum tolerance of 10 minutes.
- Departure time is subject to changes due to weather conditions, system failures or any other circumstances beyond the company’s control.
- Whenever a stop or free time is planned during the activity, the crew, skipper and/ or tour guide will inform you of the following location and time of departure. Please be at the location 5 minutes before the announced time of departure.
- Lands – Turismo na Natureza reserves the right to suspend a participant from an activity if the times of departure are not respected. In this case, no refund or compensation is available.
- Lands – Turismo na Natureza reserves the right to suspend a participant from an activity and/ or service if the participant has no physical condition to carry it out or if the participant does not respect the safety recommendations and indications.
- Omissions and other questions not covered by these terms and conditions will be discussed with Lands – Turismo na Natureza, Lda and are subjected to the applicable Portuguese law.
- Lands – Turismo na Natureza, Lda. reserves the right to include your email on our mailing list to send you news about our company. During the course of our activities and/ or services, we can take photos and videos to promote our company. If you do not want this information to be used, please be so kind to previously inform our staff.
- Lands – Turismo na Natureza reserves the right to change the boats and/or equipment to carry out the activity and/ or service, due to system failures or adverse weather conditions. In that case, another boat and/ or equipment will be used and we will charge the rate and/or prices previously agreed.
If you have a coupon or any other special offer and you wish to book, please indicate the code or name of your special offer when you wish to book.
When booking, please note that all tours and activities are subject to availability. All bookings require a confirmation.
No. Lands – Turismo na Natureza, Lda is a fully licensed company by Turismo de Portugal, I.P. with the registration No. 35/2003 and we have all the mandatory insurance. However, please note that any reckless and/or disrespectful behavior of the recommendations of our tour guides, skippers, tour leaders or any other team member will mean the exclusion of the use of insurance coverage.
You will only need to sign our terms and conditions when you rent any of our equipment.